PRASANT SAHU, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor - BITS Hyderabad, India | Adjunct Professor - Price Faculty of Engineering, University of Manitoba, Canada | Handling Editor - Transportation Research Record | Standing Committee Member and Sub-editor (AT015) - Freight Transportation Planning and Logistics, Transportation Research Board, USA
9. Electric-assist bicycle (e-Bike) mobility planning for smart cities: Fostering active transportation to improve public health, air quality, sustainability, and efficiency during COVID-19 – ASCRIN, La Trobe University, Australia, 2021 - 2025.
Project Team: Prasanta Sahu, Bandhan Majumdar, Rodrigo Rico Bini and Jayden Hunter – Principal Investigator
8. Transport policy interventions to curb particulate matter emissions in Chandigarh – £37,027, Global Challenges Research Fund, UK– GCRF-HEFCW: 2020 - 2022
Project Team: Georgina Santos, Dimitris Potoglou, Prasanta Sahu, Bandhan Majumdar and Ashoke Sarkar – Indian Principal Investigator
7. Congestion Pricing: Planning for optimal strategies and commuters' behavioural implications under different pricing schemes – ₹29.39493 Lakhs, 2019-2021 - SPARC: MHRD, Govt. of India. Additional Grant: ₹1,151,000 – United Kingdom India Research Initiative (UKIERI). Total – ₹4,090,493 ($55000)
Project Team: Prasanta Sahu, Bandhan Majumdar, Ashoke Sarkar, Dimitris Potoglou, Georgina Santos and Dilum Dissanayake – Principal Investigator
6. Examination of binder loss in the bituminous mixture for in-service pavements – ₹990,000 ($13500), 2019-2021 - Govt. of Telangana State.
Project Team: Sridhar Raju and Prasanta Sahu – Co-Principal Investigator
5. Prevention of Hazardous Field-Firing of Bagasse and Its Sustainable Utilization as a Raw Material in an Innovative Industrial Process – ₹2,879,650 ($38500), 2019-2021 – SPARC: MHRD, Govt. of India.
Project Team: Srinivas Appari, Bahurudeen A, Prasanta Sahu, Shinji Kudo, Koji Nakabayashi – Co-Principal Investigator
4. Development of Pedestrian Facility Assessment Tool for Improving Pedestrian Safety Condition in Hyderabad – ₹100,000 ($1350), 2019-2020 – Hyderabad.
Project Team: Bandhan Majumdar and Prasanta Sahu – Co-Principal Investigator
3. Adoption of Battery-Electric Buses in India – £13,970, Global Challenges Research Fund, UK – GCRF-HEFCW: 2018 - 2019.
Project Team: Dimitris Potoglou, Georgina Santos, Bandhan Majumdar, Prasanta Sahu and Ashoke Sarkar – Indian Principal Investigator
2. Developing Suitable Pedagogical Methods for Various Classes, Intellectual Calibers and Research in e-Learning – ₹700,000 ($9500), 2016 – MHRD – Govt. of India.
Project Team: Bahurudeen A, Prasanta Sahu and Nikhil Saboo – Co-Principal Investigator
1. Development of Freight Generation Model in Urban Areas, Research Initiation Grant – ₹200,000 ($3000), 2015 – 2017
BITS Pilani – Principal Investigator