12. TUTEM: Technologies for Urban Transit to Enhance Mobility and Safe Accessibility – ₹3,91,00,000, ($473,550), Asian Development Bank (ADB), 2023 – 2025
Project Team: Avijit Maji, Prasant Sahu, Arkopal Goswami, Location Mind.
This is a collaborative project between IIT Bombay, BITS Pilani, IIT Kharagpur and Location Mind, Japan – Joint Principal Investigator.
Funded through ADB’s Transport Technology Innovation Challenge High-Level Technology Application Project
11. Integrating Supply Chains in Smart Cities for Enhanced Community Service: A Business and Environmental Sustainability Approach, ASCRIN, La Trobe University, Australia, 2023 – 2027
Project Team: Srikanta Routroy, Prasant Sahu, Sean Arisian, Aniruddha Desai.
This is a collaborative project between BITS Pilani and La Trobe University, Australia – Co-Principal Investigator.
10. Lean Supply Chain Designs to Reduce Food Waste for Business and Environmental Sustainability: An Indo-Australian Study, BITS-RMIT Academy Australia, 2023 – 2027
Project Team – Srikanta Routroy, Prasant Sahu, Prem Chhetri, Mathews Nkhoma.
This is a collaborative project between BITS Pilani and RMIT University, Australia – Co-Principal Investigator.
9. Electric-assist bicycle (e-Bike) mobility planning for smart cities: Fostering active transportation to improve public health, air quality, sustainability, and efficiency during COVID-19 – ASCRIN, La Trobe University, Australia, 2021 - 2025.
Project Team: Prasant Sahu, Bandhan Majumdar, Rodrigo Rico Bini and Jayden Hunter – Principal Investigator
8. Transport policy interventions to curb particulate matter emissions in Chandigarh – £37,027, Global Challenges Research Fund, UK– GCRF-HEFCW: 2020 - 2022
Project Team: Georgina Santos, Dimitris Potoglou, Prasant Sahu, Bandhan Majumdar and Ashoke Sarkar – Indian Principal Investigator
7. Congestion Pricing: Planning for optimal strategies and commuters' behavioural implications under different pricing schemes – ₹29.39493 Lakhs, 2019-2021 - SPARC: MHRD, Govt. of India. Additional Grant: ₹11,51,000 – United Kingdom India Research Initiative (UKIERI). Total – ₹40,90,493 ($55,000)
Project Team: Prasant Sahu, Bandhan Majumdar, Ashoke Sarkar, Dimitris Potoglou, Georgina Santos and Dilum Dissanayake – Principal Investigator
6. Examination of binder loss in the bituminous mixture for in-service pavements – ₹9,90,000 ($13,500), 2019-2021 - Govt. of Telangana State.
Project Team: Sridhar Raju and Prasant Sahu – Co-Principal Investigator
5. Prevention of Hazardous Field-Firing of Bagasse and Its Sustainable Utilization as a Raw Material in an Innovative Industrial Process – ₹28,79,650 ($38,500), 2019-2021 – SPARC: MHRD, Govt. of India.
Project Team: Srinivas Appari, Bahurudeen A, Prasant Sahu, Shinji Kudo, Koji Nakabayashi – Co-Principal Investigator
4. Development of Pedestrian Facility Assessment Tool for Improving Pedestrian Safety Condition in Hyderabad – ₹1,00,000 ($1,350), 2019-2020 – Hyderabad.
Project Team: Bandhan Majumdar and Prasant Sahu – Co-Principal Investigator
3. Adoption of Battery-Electric Buses in India – £13,970, Global Challenges Research Fund, UK – GCRF-HEFCW: 2018 - 2019.
Project Team: Dimitris Potoglou, Georgina Santos, Bandhan Majumdar, Prasant Sahu and Ashoke Sarkar – Indian Principal Investigator
2. Developing Suitable Pedagogical Methods for Various Classes, Intellectual Calibers and Research in e-Learning – ₹7,00,000 ($9,500), 2016 – MHRD – Govt. of India.
Project Team: Bahurudeen A, Prasant Sahu and Nikhil Saboo – Co-Principal Investigator
1. Development of Freight Generation Model in Urban Areas, Research Initiation Grant – ₹2,00,000 ($3000), 2015 – 2017
BITS Pilani – Principal Investigator